Molten metal test equipment including silite stick 1450°C furnace, crucibles and pneumatic operated ejecting system with safety enclosure.
The equipment is composed by two units:
1- Furnace with silite rods able to heat iron balls , grey iron or aluminium up to melting point of 1450°C.
( this last temperature only for grey Iron )
- These furnaces are composed of two separate units;
- Heating unit: contains a furnace with heat insulation (made of acid-proof aluminous refractory and micro-porous insulating refractory material) to obtain minimum heat dispersion, a pad cover is provided. The heating unit has silite rods on both sides of the furnace;
- Power unit: composed of a transformer with multiple outlets and a five-way switch to compensate for heating element wear;
- Temperature is controlled by a digital microchip control device combined with a platinum and rhodium thermocouple with ceramic sheath;
- Crucibles and other accessories necessary for testing are supplied;
- Silite furnace need 3 phases power supply of 10 Kw.
2- Propulsion equipment ,
- Frame made by N. 4 , 30mm steel columns connection two heavy discs made by steel;
- Propulsion equipment actuated using a 60 mm pneumatic cylinder with big 5 ways valve;
- Site for crucible made by steel and fixed on the top of the cylinder rod;
- Mass to block the sample made by steel;
- Complete made by steel cabinet for protection;
- Remote control for safety purpose;
- ( for this test total body protection suit against hot temperature is strongly recommended ).
Scope of the device :
Equipment for testing the resistance against molten metal splash on oculars according to EN 168.